- This event has passed.
U of T Engineering Research Day 2022
May 19 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
A hybrid event presented by U of T Engineering
Join us on Thursday, May 19, 2022 9:00 am - 5:00 pm for U of T Engineering’s second annual Engineering Research Day. This year’s theme of Building a Sustainable Future spotlights the unique role engineering professionals play in building a brighter future for all and celebrates the local and global impacts of U of T Engineering’s sustainability-focused research accomplishments and collaborations.
This event is open to all students, alumni, staff and faculty at U of T Engineering, as well as current and prospective partners and key stakeholders across the research ecosystem. Through virtual and in-person programming, Engineering Research Day 2022 offers an unparalleled opportunity to learn, explore and connect.
U of T Engineering continues to be Canada’s top-ranked engineering school and consistently ranks in the global top 20. Our faculty are international leaders in their fields, innovative educators, and dedicated mentors. U of T Engineering’s research strengths draw students and faculty from all over the world.
"I am excited to welcome everyone to this year's Engineering Research Day event - this year's focus on Sustainability crosses all disciplines of Engineering and will showcase how our researchers are driving impactful programs, projects and initiatives, not only here in Canada but globally."
- Chris Yip, Dean, U of T Engineering
The program will feature:
1. Interactive fireside chats with keynote speakers (hybrid)
2. Panels on sustainability and resilience across different disciplines (hybrid)
3. Student networking lunch (in-person only)
4. Booths from U of T Engineering research centres and institutes (hybrid)
5. Open networking reception (in-person only)
Engaging panel sessions will include:
- Putting the Engineering in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Investing
- Engineering Resilient Healthcare Systems: Lessons from the Pandemic
- Sustainable Talent: Educating the 21st Century Engineer
- Climate Positive & Sustainable Campus
*In-person venue: Myhal Centre for Engineering Innovation & Entrepreneurship, 55 St. George Street